2016-01-23

Lee Hi, Taeyang, and Zion. T cover Winner's upcoming song 'Baby Baby'


Cover 01: Lee Hi

Article: YG's Lee Hi appears after a year... the first runner-up to cover Winner's song
Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+107, -0]  YG, this is your special promotion????  Is he insane?????  He's really going to make other artists in their company cover songs that haven't even been released yet???????????????????????

2. [+92, 0]  The song's nice but is this promotion really for the benefit of Winner... or just using Winner for other artists....

3. [+77, 0]  A cover for a song that hasn't even been released yet?  Has he gone mad...?  Do it after the song's been released or something... I was really looking forward to it, but this is the special promotion you were talking about...?  If you're going to do covers, why not just do it for 'Pricked' instead?  I don't think this promotion is the way to go...

4. [+59, 0]  Haa... I don't understand anymore... Be honest, is this really for Winner's sake and not for YG...?  What's giving me goosebumps is that there'll be 9 other covers after this... Please, let us listen to the album first and then the covers.  What are you trying to pull here

5. [+51, -2]  And the album is going to come out when...

6. [+39, 0]  Is this for the benefit of Winner?  Once the actual song from Winner comes out, I have this feeling like the surprise has already been revealed though...

7. [+44, -2]  I should've known the minute they said it was Yang Hyun Suk who planned the promotions himself.  What a shitty promotion tactic this is.

8. [+37, 0]  Does he not know the meaning of "cover"...?  A cover is re-make made of a song that's "already been released" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This isn't the time for you to be taking out your artists from your treasure box ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+36, 0]  This is the 'special' promotionㅋ Yang CEO, please just stay still

10. [+35, 0]  YG ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he really insane? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Please explain to me who this promotion is for ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

11. [+33, 0] This promotion tactic won't make Lee Hi's fans or Winner's fans happy ㅋ It's a bizarre way to promote a song.  This concerns both Lee Hi's and Winner's fans who have been waiting and anticipating for their artist's comeback after being locked and hidden for well over a year.  All this promotion has done is put everyone in a weird position, where Lee Hi covers another group's song and Winner's new songs get covered before its release ㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+31, 0]  Why cover a song that hasn't been released??  It was fine to do it for 'Eyes Nose Lips' after the song hit daebak but ㅠㅠ what's the purpose of doing this??

13. [+33, -1]  You should be giving Lee Hi a new song, why are you making her do a cover?  Winner's song hasn't even been released so why are there covers for it?



Cover 02: Taeyang

Article: WINNER 'EXIT': E' PRE-RELEASE COVERS
Source: Naver TV Entertainment

1. [+1144, -34]  The song's really good  ㅜㅜㅠ  I hope these promotion plans benefit Winner... Winner, let's become daebak!!!!

2. [+1055, -28] When I first heard that they were going to let other artists cover a song that hasn't been released yet and because all of Winner's teasers aren't even out yet... I was a bit taken aback.  I feel thankful to the seniors who sang Winner's new song beautifully and all I'm hoping for now is that this promotion succeeds!  Let's get Winner's 'Baby Baby' to receive a lot of love!

3. [+912, -20]  The song's great.  I want to listen to Winner singing Baby Baby already. Taeyang and Lee Hi's vocals are awesome too~

4. [+875, -38]  It's the first time I've ever seen a company CEO allow other artists to cover a song that hasn't been released yet

5. [+711, -18]  Awesome woah the song's super good ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+256, -9]  Wow, Taeyang's amazing ㄷㄷ I wanna hear Winner's version soon

7. [+245, -8]  Taeyang and Lee Hi's vocals are seriously unrivalled.  It's purifying my ears.  Can't wait for Winner's new song.

8. [+247, -10]  This is a song composed and written by Taehyun!!!  The song's great so I'm already looking forward to Winner's album!

9. [+219, -8]  I don't know what kind of promotion this is supposed to be but...be successful ㅋㅋ

10. [+200, -7]  Can't wait for the five of Winner... Nam Taehyun made a great song

11. [+183, -6]  All I'm asking for now is that these plans go well for Winner!  The song's good!

12. [+178, -7]  At first, I thought it was weird to do a cover of a song that hasn't been released but now I feel like it's not that bad ㅋ It makes me anticipate for it too  ㅋ Like I'm curious about the whole song now ㅋㅋㅋ



Cover 03: Zion.T
Video: ZION.T - 'BABY BABY' BY WINNER COVER 03
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+68, 0]  Zion.T ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  YG's crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The line up's freaking amazing....

2. [+57, 0]  Wow even Zion.T ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+52, 0]  Wow Zion T. ㄷㄷ The line up for the Baby Baby cover is crazy ㄷㄷ

4. [+50, 0]  Ah this is seriously daebak ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Ahhhhhh Winner ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+41, 0]  Wow, Zion.T's vocal colour is no joke, I can't wait for this to be released.  I want to listen to the whole song

6. [+39, 0]  Daebak!!!

7. [+36, 0]  Wow ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Zion.T.... this is such an honour.  Can't wait for the songㅠㅠ

8. [+35, 0]  Hul Zion.T ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Amazing vocal colour ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Cover 04: Dean
Video: DEAN - 'Baby Baby' BY WINNER COVER 04
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+72, -1]  Can't believe this song was written and arranged by Nam Taehyun himself ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The song's so good

2. [+67, -1]  Wow... I never imagined he would be part of the line-up.  This cover project is becoming more and more unpredictable ㄷㄷㄷ The song's really good ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ To think this is composed by Nam Taehyun ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Wish it was February 1st already so I can listen to Winner singing it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+60, 0]  Daebak, it's Dean....... I want to hear Winner's version already!

4. [+55, 0]  Wow daebak.... another person that I didn't expect to be a part of the line-up

5. [+53, 0]  Dean?... What's with this promotionㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's so unpredictable ㅋㅋ Wow ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+45, 0]  Bet the harmony would be amazing if all the cover videos were combined together

7. [+42, -1]  Wow, the best

8. [+35, 0]  This promotion's amazing...

9. [+21, 0]  It's different again.  His vocal colour's amazing too

Article: WINNER 'EXIT': E' PRE-RELEASE COVERS
Source: Naver TV Entertainment
(tn: For this specific promotion, Naver is using and featuring the same article on the front page and just updating as new covers get released so it's hard to filter out the top comments (which I already translated on Day 2) for each one.  Since it's a compilation of all the covers in one article, I'll try my best to filter out the most up-voted comments for today's and the upcoming ones as well.  The following won't be in any particular order.)

- [+41, 0]  Hul even Dean ㄷㄷㄷ All the covers are by people who have voices that's unrivalled.  I'm reading the comments and it seems there are people who are worried about the comparisons to the covers that might happen once the song is released.  Of course, I'm not going to lie that I'm worried as well but don't forget that Winner members themselves have voices that are unique, strong and when put together, it's like honey ㅠㅠ To people that have heard them, you're already well aware of this.  All I'm asking for now is that their album gets released soon!  February's taking so long ㄷㄷ

- [+40, 0]  Looks like they picked out a great rising rookie, Dean's a perfect choice ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ  Out of all the artists so far, he's the one that really makes this strategy a win-win situation for both parties!!!  Anyway, I was really surprised that this was composed by Nam Taehyun wow ㅋㅋ Be successful Winner!!!  ㅋㅋㅋ

- [+35, -2]  The fans are underestimating themselves too much.  I believe that Winner as musicians will be able to bring in their own feel to this song.  Plus, it won't be just a solo, it'll be a whole group's vocal harmony with rap too.  Songs do tend to get boring after being dragged out but I bet that Winner's original song won't be one that you'll get tired of easily.  All of their voices are differently unique so I think they'll be able to pull off a trendy, dynamic blues feel to the song that many can enjoy.  That's one of Winner's strong points.

- [+25, 0]  My favourites were Dean and Taeyang's!  This wasn't on my radar but looks like Winner's song will be great ㅋㅋ


'Sentimental' Cover 05: Akdong Musician
Video: [Music Talk Talk] Akdong Musician the first to cover 'Sentimental'... powerful line-up
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+63, 0]  Akmu's totally cute ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I wonder what Winner's version will be like?  Is it Feb 1st yet... ㅠㅠ

2. [+55, 0]  Akmu is so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I have no idea what the song will be like because of their arrangement, but it sounds good!

3. [+54, 0]  I love that Winner's making a comeback and the song's really good

4. [+50, 0]  As expected of Akmu ㅠㅠㅠㅠ The song's great.  I can't wait for Winner's

5. [+49, 0] Sentimental~  Maybe because it's Akdong Musician, but the song sounds bright and cheerful ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I wonder what the original song will be like..

6. [+29, 0]  It seems like they arranged the song to match Akdong Musician.  They're so cute.  I can't wait to listen to the original especially since it's composed by Nam Taehyun!  Hurry up Feb 1st!


Video: AKMU - 센치해 SENTIMENTAL BY WINNER COVER 05
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+53, -1]  It has a much brighter feel to it than I thought... is it because of the arrangement?  Anyway, I like the song!  I wanna hear the original already!  Suhyun's so cute ㅋㅋ

2. [+44, -1]  As expected of Winner.  ♥♥The song's freaking good....♥♥

3. [+43, 0] Adorable ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋI like the song

4. [+43, 0]  Cute ㅋㅋㅋ I can't imagine what the song will sound like because of their arrangement

5. [+34, 0]  Akmu's so freaking cute ㅠㅠ How can they be sing so well and be so cute at the same timeㅠㅠ It's so nice to see them again after a long time.  I have a feeling Winner's Sentimental will be daebak.  Hope both of them come out already

6. [+33, -1]  Akmu's really cute ㅠㅠ The song's great!  I want to listen to the original now

7. [+32, 0]  Akmu's so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The feeling to it is a bit different from how the song was introduced.  I wonder if they arranged it especially to fit Akmu for this cover?  I'm so curious about the original ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Wish it was already Feb 1st so I can listen to Winner singing this too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ


Article: WINNER 'EXIT': E' PRE-RELEASE COVERS
Source: Naver TV Entertainment

- [+22, -3]  Looks they specially arranged this to be lively for Akmu. I bet the original song will have a different feel to it.  I can't wait to hear the song.  But isn't Suhyun way too cute?

- [+28, -1]  I really have a feeling Sentimental will be daebak.... I love that Winner has such a variety of genres

- [+9, -1]  Why aren't they putting out albums for Akdong Musician and Lee Hi?  I know there was an article about Lee Hi's album, but will it really happen this year?

- [+14, -1]  YG's put a lot of thought into this.  It seems like he's confident in the songs for allowing other great artists to sing it too plus it showcases Winner's composition and lyric-writing skills... they've also gained attention by using a special promotion where the cover comes out before the song release and we're not just waiting around aimlessly until Feb 1st, they're actually letting us listen to the songs little by little.  It's great.


'Sentimental' Cover 06: Katie Kim
Video: Katie Kim - SENTIMENTAL by Winner Cover 06
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+114, -4]  It's got a whole different feel to it.  She sings well and the song's great.

2. [+104, -5]  As expected, YG's got a lot of kids with great vocal colours ㅋㅋ Plus even Zion.T and Dean did a cover ㅜㅜ I thought only Big Bang's Made promotion was like a blockbuster from YG but they're also trying fresh and new things for iKON and Winner's too~ I'm anticipating Winner's album and Lee Hi's (and Katie Kim's and Akdong Musician's) ^^

3. [+95, -3]  'Sentimental' sounds different again, it's really making me more curious about the original

4. [+91, -4]  Looks like Katie Kim's improved over that time period.  I think she's ready to release an album too...

5. [+80, -4]  I got goosebumps from the first second when she sang "Sentimental~"... Katie Kim sings really well.  I want to hear the original already ^^

6. [+77, -3]  I can't put my finger on it ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It seems like it's a lot different from the original, can't wait

7. [+66, -3]  This version's totally different too.  I heard the original song is fun ㅎㅎㅎ The song's so good every time I hear it ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Wish it was Feb 1st already

8. [+56, -3]  Katie Kim's singing seems to have improved.  Just how much greater is she going to be at this rate?

UPDATE Cover 07: G-Dragon
Video: G-DRAGON 'Sentimental' By Winner Cover 07
Source: Naver TV Cast

1. [+473, -4]  Seriously good ㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+410, -3]  Ah the video's so cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's sentimental ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It fits him

3. [+385, -3]  Wow ㅋㅋ Dope.  The song's dope and GD's dope. ㅋㅋ

4. [+332, -12]  This isn't a dream right??  GD's really covering Sentimental?  Bet Nam Taehyun's already bowing since such a huge senior covered it

5. [+299, -1]  Ah I love the feeling to it ㅠㅠㅠ

6. [+253, -1]  Wow I like it.... thank you!!!!!  Let's make the song on Feb 1st become daebak!!

7. [+238, -6]  Daebak!!!   So awesome!  GD, thank you~ hurry up Feb 1st





-

0 comments :

Post a Comment